South Africa Powerball
- South Africa Powerball was launched in 2009, with the first game of this most famous Africa lottery, which soon gained an enviable popularity in many countries around the world.
- Key features of SA Powerball:
- Players have to select five numbers from 1 to 50 from the first block of numbers and a single number between 1 and 20 from an additional block of numbers;
- The minimum National Lottery SA jackpot is ZAR 3 million, equivalent to approximately $175,000 US;
- Powerball Lotto South Africa draws are held twice a week – on Tuesdays and Fridays;
- The odds of winning the minimum lottery prize of the last category are 1:35.
The maximum size of the jackpot played in the entire history of the African version of the lottery was ZAR 103 million.
New Zealand Powerball
- The first historical draw of New Zealand Powerball took place in 2001. Since then, the rules of the lottery have changed a little with the aim of improving the conditions for participants in the draws. In particular, the size of the minimum guaranteed jackpot has been increased.
- Information on the main features of NZ Powerball:
- Lottery players have to select six numbers from 1 to 40 from the main set of numbers and one additional number between 1 and 10;
- The minimum jackpot is NZD 4 million (approximately 2.6 million US dollars);
- National Lottery NZ runs twice a week – on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The odds of of winning the minimum prize of the last category are 1:38.
Since the launch of the lottery, the maximum size of the NZ Powerball jackpot has been NZD 44 million.